Tuesday 10 May 2011

First attempt at turning a bowl..

My first attempt at wood turning a bowl using spalted beech which unfortunately has a flaw - can repair it but am leaving it as a feature..



This is the inside of the bowl and once I've waxed and polished it you will see a different picture and the splated effect becomes very attractive within the beech...





This is the bottom of the bowl and shall also get rid of the little hole where the bowl was kept in place whilst turning...



Shall show you the bowl next week after my next lesson and you'll see such a difference!

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful!! Wow what a clever lady you are. I've not seen woodturning being done before but it must be difficult. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...